- autogen will give you some "helpful advice" that you can ignore. Unless, that is, you can help us implement the suggestions that we need to make that are not yet done. My philosophy is not to just "hide" that info.
- In the configure step, make sure the configure worked right and shows proper summary information; also watch to make sure newest version number shows up.
- In Linux, the make install step will install to /usr/bin and /usr/share/bibledit-gtk (according to the earlier ./configure command). It will also install language information to /usr/share/locale/fr/LC_MESSAGES/bibledit.mo
- If you are not building for the first time, and changes have been made to configure.ac, such as to add a new library to the build, you should do make clean after the ./configure step.
- If Bibledit fails silently upon startup, look in /tmp/bibledit.startup.txt or C:\users\username\AppData\Local\Temp\bibledit.startup.txt to see if there are any clues there.